Convert your Sunseeker EZ-Tri Classic to electric!
- Pedal-assist extension Cable
- Locking parking brake levers
- Two Torque arms (you must install both and fully torque axle nuts to 35 ft-lb to help with wheel retention)
E-BikeKit™ Front 500w Geared Hub Motor Conversion Kit
with 48 Volt Li-ion Battery Pack and Charger
The E-BikeKit 500-1000w geared conversion kit is powered by an internal 5:1 planetary gear hub motor with clutch. The clutch in the geared motor offers zero drag when pedaling and not engaging battery power. This motor is more efficient, resulting in increased range (especially with "start/stop" riding), has more starting torque, and has greater hill-climbing ability than a Direct-Drive motor of equal power rating. The motor is also smaller in diameter for increased stealth and 3.4lbs lighter than the 500w direct-drive.
Who's it for? This premium electric bike conversion kit system is for those that want the best of the best in performance, efficiency, weight and stealth. There is a 300lb total load limit so if you plan on more than that, look to a heavy-duty system.
- Watts (Nominal/Peak): 500-750w (EBK 22amp controller)
- Top Speed: Approx. 20 MPH @48v in 26" wheel
- Range: 10-44 Miles *(see battery chart)
- Charge Time: 3-5hrs (0-100%) (depending on battery choice)
- Weight: Weight: 489 5.8lbs / 4810 9.7lbs / 4820 14lbs
- Performance: High
- Efficiency: High
- Stealth Factor: High
Li-ion batteries provide a high level of performance for the duration of each discharge (unlike seal lead-acid where performance is diminished 1:1 as the pack is emptied). Li-ion batteries have a much higher power to weight ratio than lead-acid and 5-8 times the number of charge cycles (how many times a rechargeable battery can be charged from 0-100%). The li-ion option costs more initially ,but over time, the "cost-per-cycle" is about half the cost of lead-acid. Li-ion packs also require less care as they can be left partially charged, and do not require immediate charging after each use. All batteries MUST be properly cared for during storage.
Battery Choice: We offer 3 battery packs for this kit - the 9ah Li-Ion Shrink Wrapped battery is the lightest and smallest, at just 5.8lbs. The 20ah Li-Ion Shrink Wrapped battery is the longest lasting, with a 20-44 mile range.
|48v 9ah Shrink Wrapped||5.8lbs||9-21||Battery bag with velcro straps & mounting plate to mount to rear frame|
|48v 10ah Aluminum Case||9.7lbs.||10-24
||Mounting plate to mount to rear frame|
|48v 20ah Shrink Wrapped||14lbs||20-44||Battery bag with velcro straps & mounting plate to mount to rear frame|
Choosing Your Wheel Size: You can find your wheel size written on your tire. Available size options for this conversion kit are: 16", 20", 24", 26", 700c & 29er. Acceptable tire widths for the E-BikeKit rims: 1.15"(29mm) - 2.25"(57mm).
- Brand: Electric Bike Technologies
- Type: Internally Geared (brushless, disc brake compatible)
- Power: 500w nominal / >1000 @48v
- Max Torque: 84N-m @48v
- Max RPM: 320 @48v
- Cable: 8" axle exit, 3-phase / 5 hall effect
- Connector: Round 8-pin 13/32" (10.4mm)
- Weight: 9.4lbs (4.26kg)
- Warranty: 1 Year (up to 48v - 300lb max load)
- Nominal Voltage: 48v
- Nominal Capacity: 9Ah / 10ah / 20Ah (0.2C)
- Battery Energy: 378Wh / 840Wh (Approx.)
- Dimensions: See table
- Total Weight: 489 5.8lbs / 4810 9.7lbs / 4820 14lbs
- Cell Assembly: 18650-3.6v-10S 4P / 10P
- Life Cycles: 800-1000 cycles
- Max. Continuous Discharge: 20A / 30A
- BMS Protection Current: 30A / 40A
- Discharge Cut-Off Voltage: 30v
- Max. Charge Voltage: 42v
- Inner Resistance: 190mΩ / 180mΩ
- Charge Time: Depending on Battery <= 3 -5 hours
- Operation Temperature Range: Charge: 0’C---45’C / Discharge: -20’C---60’C
- Storage Temperature: 0’C---40’C (Extended Storage: 15’C-25’C;)
- Battery Case Material: Blue PVC Heatshrink / Aluminum / Blue PVC Heatshrink
- Assembled Pack Certificates: UL; UN38.3; MSDS; RoHS; SGS